Sunday, September 14, 2014

How to Make a Burlap Wreath {Simple and Easy}

I have been seeing the wonderful burlap wreaths all over Pinterest. So, I decided to make one of my own while my baby naps! It only took me about 15 minutes.


Here's what you'll need:

A wire wreath (I chose a large wire wreath from Michael's for three bucks!)


A bundle of burlap (I needed 1.5 bundles for my large wreath. They were on sale for two bucks at Michael's!)


A ribbon of your choice (I chose a fun Halloween burlap ribbon, again...from Michael's!)


Tacky Glue (Make sure it dries clear!) and Wire (maybe some wire cutters too)


Cute artificial flowers of your color choice



And these instructions:

1. Start with the end of the burlap roll.

2. Fold it in half.

3. Fold it in half again.

4. Secure the folded piece to the inside ring of the wired wreath. Use a piece of wire to secure it tightly. Just wrap it around.

5. Pull the burlap through each section of the wired wreath, creating a loop.


6. After you have put the burlap through each section of the wired wreath, twist the burlap together on the other side of the wreath.


7. Repeat the process by pulling the burlap through the slots again.

8. Continue until the wreath is complete!
Secure the burlap to the wreath with some wire.

After assembling your wreath, cut your flowers from the stems and use your tacky glue to glue on your flowers and ribbon.

I tied my Halloween ribbon at the top and glued my flowers around the wreath.

You can decorate your wreath any way you want! 

I am so excited to create one for Thanksgiving and Christmas! 

Here's my little porch with some of my fall decorations.

Happy crafting!

Marine :)

4 comments:

 
Images by Freepik